The Republic of Ireland is often overlooked as a potential location to seek employment, especially for those seeking employment within the UK. However, this EU country offers a number of excellent work opportunities and an active lifestyle, in addition to being located just a short ferry or plane ride from the UK. Here are just 10 of the many reasons to relocate Ireland and boost your career.
- Demonstrating your ability and willingness to work outside of your own country is encouraging for future employers. Travelling is often a necessary component of modern work and employers often seek staff that are able to demonstrate employment in a variety of locations.
- Ireland is a democratic country situated within the EU. It is often associated with high cost of living; however, with the global economic downturn this cost of living has decreased somewhat.
- Public healthcare in Ireland is funded by general taxes and can therefore be obtained without additional charges. For those who wish to avoid any waiting times private healthcare is also available.
- The education system in Ireland is highly regarded worldwide and there are plenty of options for furthering your education or professional development at all levels.
- Ireland is a friendly place, where speaking to a stranger is not a rare and unwanted occurrence. Irish people are polite, helpful and open to conversation. It has previously been suggested to be the friendliest country in the world by Lonely Planet.
- Ireland is often misrepresented as an unsafe country in the media, whilst in actual fact it is one of the safest countries to live and work in, having been ranked as 12th in the 2016 Global Peace Index.
- Ireland is a highly multicultural country with foreign nationals contributing to the countries economy and varied culture. In 2014 the percentage of non-Irish citizens living and working in Ireland was approximately 10%.
- Ireland has a unique and traditional culture to be discovered and enjoyed. It wouldn’t be a trip to Ireland without listening to Irish folk music in a traditional pub while drinking a Guinness!
- Landscapes, landscapes, landscapes. Ireland is renowned for its stunning scenery with many breath-taking attractions to visit. These include the The Giants Causeway, Castles (visit Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone!), The Ring of Kerry, etc. You can hike, surf, climb, walk, cycle or just relax and take in all the stunning views this country has to offer.
- Travelling to Europe is easy. Ireland has an excellent transport system including a number of airports that offer cheap and easy travel to a range of locations within Europe. Travel connections to Ireland from the UK are also readily available.
If you are interested in working in Ireland click here to search our current vacancies