CK Group is recruiting for a Technical Manager to join a manufacturing company at their site based near Banbury on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client manufactures release liners for a range of different industry sectors. They provide innovative solutions to ensure customers have the highest levels of product quality and customer service. With a high degree of technical ability, they are able to understand customer requirements to develop specific products for specificsolutions. The company also works closely with its raw material suppliers to advise and specify new more customer and market focussed products. They now have a requirement for an experienced Technical Manager to join the team, to be involved with alltechnical aspects of the company’s products and their manufacture. This role will be site-based with occasional travel required to customers and suppliers. The company offers a salary in the range of £45-50,000pa depending on experience, as well as33 days holiday, salary sacrifice pension, and medical. This role would suit someone with silicones and supervisory experience.
This role is located in the Cotswolds and is commutable by road from Cheltenham, Leamington Spa, Worcester and Oxford.
Your main responsibilities will be ensuring consistency of product quality, addressing and managing product failures, addressing customer quality complaints and development of release liner products.
Day-to-day duties will be to:
- Provide technical advice
- Apply technical skills to ensure product quality meets customer expectations
- Maintain and improve process controls that safeguard product quality
- Raise and maintain technical specifications
- Reduce quality failures from the technical perspective
- Participate in investigations of a technical nature on production machinery & processes
- Deal with the technical aspects of customer complaints
- Provide technical support to the sales department
- Evaluate of raw material and customer supplied samples
- Product development
- Involvement in the design of new products within the company
- Assist in the management and improvement of the technical department’s quality control responsibilities
- Raise and oversee trial production runs and reporting the outcomes
- Investigate product failures, perform root cause analysis and decide courses of action to be taken with failed material
- Raise appropriate corrective actionsand oversee that the actions are completed
- Management of held stock
- Liaise with material suppliers
- Keep up to date with regulatory technical issues and respond to compliance enquiries – e.g. ROHS, Composition 65,FSC, UK REACH, conflicts of minerals etc.
- From a technical standpoint involvement in audits from customers, suppliers and other recognised bodies
- Travel to meet with customers and suppliers as and when required. This will include staying away on occasions and overseas travel
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience of working with and a strong knowledge of relevant raw materials i.e.: silicones and types of paper and films – essential
- Experience of the release liner industry beneficial
- Degree qualified in chemistry
- Experience in a supervisory role
- A good understanding and experience of running production machines and/ or relevant plant and equipment. Some knowledge of relevant engineering would be beneficial
- An understanding of customer raw materials and manufacturing methods
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and change as well as a willingness to travel with work
- Computer literacy and good reportwriting skills
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Technical Manager position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please quote reference 52653.