Shift Chemical Process Operator
CK Group are recruiting for 2x Chemical Process Operators to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based in Wakefield on a full time, permanent basis. Please note these roles will work on a shift pattern including nights.
Our client is a chemical manufacturer who active in the development, production and commercialisation of a range of chemical products. Reporting to the Site Shift Manager, the successful candidates will work as members of a team manufacturingspecific products according to the Company’s standards in accordance with written procedures, complying with safety regulations and quality requirements and working within the company’s Environmental Permit consents. This role will start on days for4-6 weeks or so before moving onto a shift pattern including nights. The company offers a salary of £28,000pa which rises to £34,000pa when on shifts. Please note that experienced Chemical Process Operators who have worked on top-tier COMAH sites are required.
The Chemical Process Operator will be based at the company's site in Wakefield, easily commutable from surrounding areas.
Chemical Process Operator Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Operate predominantly DCScontrolled systems and monitor the charging of raw materials and running of continuous or batch process.
- Take representative samples from the process and submit to the laboratory for analysis.
- Adjust specific parameters during the productionprocess following instructions from the laboratory from the samples submitted.
- Operate ancillary equipment from the main process e.g.: filters, scrubbers etc.
- Responsible for off-loading incoming bulk liquid raw materials.
- Responsible for loading bulk liquid tankers and other containers with finished products for sale.
- Monitor, record and report the condition of process equipment within the working plant area to identify defects and enable repairs by the maintenance teams to be performed in a timely manner.
- Isolate, decontaminate and prepare plant equipment in line with the requirements specified in the Permit to Work to ensure equipment/ plant is in a safe condition for maintenance/ repair personnel to work on.
- Maintain the cleanliness of process equipment.
- Ensure the housekeeping standards of the plant areas meet the Company requirements.
- Work sitewide and perform other tasks within the level of responsibility and ability as required by Management.
- To operate a fork-lift truck as required for the role.
- Complete all necessary paperwork covering plant condition, plant safety, production data and routine recording of specified parameters, inputting any required data on to the Company computer system where required.
- Share knowledge by training others within your level of competency.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of operating a batch, hazardous chemical production plant or similar.
- Experience of DCS control systems.
- Experience of working on a Top Tier COMAH facility.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal.
- IT Literate.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Chemical Process Operator position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please quote reference 52717.