CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Immunologist to join a growing biotechnology company developing novel immunotherapies at their site based in Cheshire on a permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is focused on the discovery and development of novel immunotherapies targeting life threatening infectious diseases.
Location: This Senior Immunologist role is located near Alderley Edge in Cheshire. .
Senior Immunologist Role: To play a leading role in the establishment of the immunology capability and to lead/support all lab-based immunology efforts within the company.
Your main duties will be to:
- Design, validate, and perform immunology assays to discover and optimise novel moleculesagainst a range of bacterial, viral, fungal and parasite targets.
- Design and perform proof of principle studies to identify and validate new therapeutic targets, proof of mechanism studies and translational PK/PD studies.
- Work with the technicalexperts within the project team, to support the design and execution of all project activities within the plan and deliver high quality data, ensuring that all results are analysed appropriately.
- Establish and contribute to smooth operation of academic collaborations and seek new opportunities to expand current relationships or develop new partners based upon company requirements.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have/be:
- Educated to PhD level in an immunology, infectious diseases, or relevant discipline with significant post-doctoral immunology laboratory experience with an in-depth knowledge of in host/pathogen immune responses with a focus on innate responses and FC mediated responses such as complement activation, complement fixation, and immune cell recruitment and phagocytosis.
- Proven technical expertise in multiple immunology/ immunoassay techniques including Flow cytometry, immune cell isolation and culture, ELISA, cell-based reporter assays, antibody binding assays (SPR/ BLI); molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning, protein expression) and cell imaging.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to project manage, problem solve and work in a fast-paced environment.
Apply: It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53564 in all correspondence.