Research and Development Technician
CK Group are recruiting for a Research and Development Technician to join a materials manufacturing company at their site based near Ashton under Lyne on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client has a history of expertise and innovation in product development for materials used in the construction sector. Their product ranges covers a broad range of sectors, including transportation, civil, building and construction, and the company provides end-to-end solutions that incorporate design, specification and manufacture through to application and beyond. They now have a vacancy for an R&D Technician to work with their concrete and cementitious products. You will conduct trials and tests on products in the process of developingnew products, support innovative technologies and solutions, support technical service, investigate quality complaints, and perform periodic quality control. The company offers a salary in the region of £25,000pa depending on experience, as well aspension, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, death in service benefit, bonus, and other benefits.
Location: The Research and Development Technician will be based at the company's site near Ashton under Lyne, easily commutable from Manchester, Stockport, Oldham, Denton and surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be to:
- Testing of raw materials and finished products used in cementitious mixtures (sieve analysis, moisture, SG, pH, solid content, viscosity, stability)
- Preparingconcrete or mortar mixes and conducting trials
- Testing concrete or mortar plastic and hardened properties (workability, slump retention, unit weight, air content, setting times, compressive and splitting strengths, absorption)
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- ideally proven industry experience of working in a similar laboratory
- degree qualified chemistry or materials science applicants may be considered
- comfortable handling chemicals and managing the associated risks
- knowledge of basic building materials technology and tests
- able to drive with own car
- able to evaluate and risk assess personal actions and the work environment
- able and willingto lift heavy loads
Apply: It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53599 in all correspondence.