Research Assistant - Fermentation
CK group are recruiting for a Senior Fermentation Scientist to join a leading engineering biology consultancy, to be based at their site in Edinburgh on a permanent basis
About the company: Our client is a world class engineering biology companywith an extensive range of proprietary enabling technologies in microbial strain and mammalian cell-line engineering, protein production, fermentation and bioprocess development. Their cell platforms underpin competitive bioprocesses implemented worldwide by their customers and collaborative partners to manufacture (bio)pharmaceuticals, enzymes, chemicals, consumer products and sustainable fuels.
About the role: The main purpose of this position is to set-up and run bioreactors to support with client fermentation optimisation projects
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with fermentation research
- Handling a variety of microbial host cells including E. coli, P. pastoris, B. subtilis and S. cerevisiae
- Accurately recording and presenting methods and results
About you: To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and expertise:
- Qualified to BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant microbiology or biotechnology based discipline.
- Practical skills in Aseptic technique, shake flask culture, agar plating and gram staining.
- Experience of running bioreactors would be highly beneficial for this position
The location: The successful candidate will be embedded within a dynamic, sociable team in a lab-based role with flexible working hours. This position will be based at brand new facilities at the Roslin Innovation Centre where there are regular bus links to the City Centre, free on-site parking, an on-site gymand several on-site cafes – the perfect setting to meet colleagues over a coffee in view of the Pentland Hills.
The Benefits: Our client offers a range of employee benefits, which include:
- Flexible working hours
- Profit sharing schemes
- Health Expenses cover
- Life Insurance
Apply: It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54202 in all correspondence.