CK group are recruiting for an Organic Chemist on behalf of a global Pharmaceutical CDMO to be based at their site in Middlesbrough on a permanent basis.
About the role: This is a lab-basedposition, to join the R&D team. The main purpose of your role will be API process development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Small molecule API research and development in accordance with ISO and cGMP standards.
- Supervision of a small team of R&D technicians in the lab.
- Overseeing day-to-day lab activities while reporting to project lead.
- Carrying out chemical process including synthetic organic chemistry across a range of scales up to including kilo lab.
- Complete laboratory manufacturing following batch records.
- Supporting Pilot plant and manufacturing on site.
- Process improvements.
- Carrying out analytical measurements, e.g., NMR, HPLC, GC-MS, GC.
- Organisation of laboratory work.
- Laboratory supply management.
- Support in the preparation and follow-up of internal and external audits.
- Assistance in the implementation of production processes.
- Collaboration in the creation and introduction of development reports / batch records, standardoperating procedures (SOPs).
- Carrying out all activities in compliance with the HACCP concept and in compliance with all relevant specifications.
- Maintenance work on laboratory equipment.
- Technical support on pilot equipment.
- Raising deviations.
To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to a minimum of BSc or MSc in Chemistry or a similar discipline.
- Laboratory experience in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Experience in CDMO process development.
- Understanding of cGMP regulations desired.
- Hands-on experience with laboratory analytical equipment such as NMR, HPLC, GC-MS, GC etc.
- Knowledge of process development and separation technologies (e.g. distillation and chromatography).
The benefits: Our client offers a range of employee benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Future development opportunities
Apply: It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53457 in all correspondence.