CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a paints manufacturing company at their site based in Manchester on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is an established independent organisation who are committed tothe development of their staff as well as to the growth of the company. They work individually with customers to best meet their needs. The successful Laboratory Technician will ensure the smooth running of the colour lab by providing services to both internal and external customers. Hours are 39 per week: 7.15am to 4.00pm Monday to Thursday with an early finish on a Friday. The company offers a salary starting from £21,000 but may be able to offer more for those with relevant experience. Fulltraining will be provided for entry-level candidates. Benefits include 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, subsidised canteen, bonus, death in service benefit and free on-site parking.
Location: This Laboratory Technician role will be based at the company's site in Manchester, easily commutable from surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be:
- Use of the Colour Computer and Spectrophotometer whilst formulating colours
- To deal with customer requirements for formulations, panels, andgeneral help with colour queries
- To deal with tints brought in for testing
- To carry out adjustments to batches in accordance with the product specification
- To produce product in sufficient time to meet customers’ requirements
- To undergowhatever training is deemed necessary in order to develop and improve your contribution to the operation of your department
- To ensure that your area of operation is kept clean, tidy and safe (Follow the 5s Rules)
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally some paint, polymer or colour development and formulation experience - desirable
- Chemistry qualified preferred
- Ability to match coloured products against a standard,either by eye or using computerised techniques
- Good numeric and literacy skills - essential
- Have a good telephone manner and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry out the manual and technological aspects of day-to-day tasks
Apply:It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53983 in all correspondence.