Health Economics Manager
CK Group are recruiting for a Health Economics Manager to join a market leading medical device company. This will be a home based position for approximately 9 months to start around February 2022.
Company: This company is a Market Leading medtechcompany with a strong record for product and service innovation. They work in close Partnership with the NHS and individual healthcare professionals to support and drive the best clinical solutions and services to patients. They offer great career opportunities plus a strong benefits package for staff.
Location: The Health Economics Manager is a home-based role with travel approximately 3-4 days per month, typically to the Head Office in Peterborough (the successful candidate should beprepared to be at the Head office for up to 4 days a week for their first month in the business as part of their induction).
Salary: Candidates will be considered up to £60,000 pro rata
HE Manager role:
- Lead health economic deliverables aligned to pipeline product development and launch for the UK in close collaboration with global colleagues, ensuring they take account of UK reimbursement needs.
- Lead the development of UK value dossiers, and submissions to relevant UK Heath Technology Appraisal (HTA) bodies such as NICE, and effectively represent the company at public committee meetings and other HTA-associated meetings as required
- UK lead for health economic evidence aligned to UKIre and Global strategic plan includingevidence protocol development, preparation of submission to UKIre authorities, data analysis and systematic literature reviews (including agency management)
- Lead on Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) publications (i.e. abstracts, congress presentations, manuscript development) to address data gaps in line with strategic priorities
- Working with the Market Access Managers to use both internal and external data sources and knowledge banks to develop clear, evidenced health economic value arguments and tools to support the full value offering of the company products and services
- Deliver quality and impactful Health Economic publications, economic models, budget impact models
- Provide input to pricing strategy and study designs for evidence generation for existing product portfolio and new products.
- Provide expert insights & support on UK tariffs, HES data, NHS reference and community costs etc.
- Provide support with pathway insights, development, and appropriate instruments to measure and report outcomes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external health economic experts.
- Be the UKIre internal source of HE&OR/HTA expertise, and keep abreast of trends and developmentsand advise the business where appropriate
- MSc or PhD in Health Economics.
- Deep understanding of economic concepts relevant to UK HTA.
- Experience conducting research studies that apply health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective and prospective data analyses, registry, epidemiology or health services research
- Expert insight and knowledge in Health economics and model development
- Skilled in translating complex economic concepts into simple language.
- Good understanding of current UK health care system and market access issues
- Demonstrated experience of project management
- Strong numeric skills
- Scientific/medical knowledge
- A commercial mindset
Apply: Entitlement to workin the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Health Economics Manager position, please contact Steve Lord on 01246 457733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 52358 in all correspondence.