Graduate Gas Quality Engineer
CK Group are recruiting for a Graduate Gas Quality Engineer to join a specialist company providing inspection, calibration and testing services based in Uttoxeter, on a full time permanent basis.
A global leader in gas measurement, our client supports the bridge to an economy based upon 100% renewable energy. They supply specialty gas mixtures and testing/ inspection services for customers using gaseous fuels to create energy. Customers range from large blue-chip oil & gas majorsto small businesses creating biofuels from crops and other waste products. The company's expertise lies in the measurement, calibration and analysis of natural gas, LNG, refinery gas, biofuels/ biomethane and hydrogen-enhances gaseous hydrocarbon fuels. The company are a provider of ISO 17025 accredited calibrations and ISO 17020 accredited inspections of business-critical gas measurement equipment on customers’ sites.
They now have a requirement for a Calibration Engineer and you will bejoining an experienced and dedicated team of engineers. They are offering a £26,410 salary. The company are committed to internal progression, so your income will grow with your continued development with the company.
Their excellent benefitsinclude:
- Structured competency-based salary increments
- Time off in lieu
- Pension scheme with matching contribution (matching contributory pension scheme up to 5% of basic salary)
- Personal and company bonus
- 25 days annual leave plusbank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided for all staff
- Access to free internal and external Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) and counselling.
Calibration Engineer Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Travelling to customers’ sites in the UK and overseas/ offshore
- Undertaking calibrations and inspections of gas quality measurement systems for the company’s worldwide client base
- Receive support and training to become a technical expert
- Competent operation/useof the job database and related electronic documentation relevant to job holder's area of operation.
- Assisting quality management with the continual development and improvement of the quality system.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Able to drive with own vehicle – essential
- Willingness to travel frequently both in the UK and overseas – essential
- Happy to work in a hands-on manner – essential
- Excellent communication skills and able to converse with confidence at different seniority levels - essential
- A high level of numeracy is required
- A genuine interest in mathematics and science
- Sound organisational ability with the capacity to work individually or within the team
- Ability to follow an approved and documented procedure
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56307 in all correspondence.