Graduate Chemistry Technician
Are you a chemistry graduate looking for your first role in industry? I am exclusively handling an entry level position for a Quality Assurance and Development Technician with a coatings manufacturing company at their site based in near Bolsover in Derbyshire, on a full time permanent basis. This role would suit a chemistry graduate.
Our client is a British-based manufacturer of aftercare solutions for various products and for private label. They have been in operation forover 80 years and are market leaders in their field. Their technical innovation, product efficacy, and customer satisfaction are their main drivers and have a dedicated manufacturing facility. With a focus on textile applications, the company now hasa vacancy for a QA and Development Technician and will consider chemistry graduates or those with similar qualifications. This is a hands on role where you may need to get your hands dirty and the company offers a salary in the region of £20,000 perannum depending on experience, as well as 25 days' holiday + bank holidays. Hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
This role is located in near Bolsover, easily accessible by motorway from Chesterfield, Sheffield, Nottingham and surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be:
- Testing of production batches and finished product, incoming raw materials and factored goods, all in accordance with company quality standards.
- Product development and new product formulation across a wide range of aftercare products and household goods
- Create SOPs and implement them across production
- Written and verbal communication with end-use customers and suppliers
- Support the company adherence to ISO 9001 management standard
- Provide technical support to customers, retailers, colleagues and industry contacts
- The role is about 50 / 50 Lab work and Quality, but 90% of the time working will be in the lab
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Science / engineering related degree or equivalent
- Prior experience of working within a chemical/ quality assurance environment would be considered
- Any customer-facing experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills as the ability to interpret technical information and convey it to a wide audience is vitally important
- Good Time management skills – ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to drive/ to get to site is essential
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Chemistry Analyst position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 52287.her at conferences or seminars appropriate to the discipline.
- Contribute to grant applications submitted by others.
- Begin to write, with appropriate support, bids for individual research funding or, where funders do not permit this, contribute to the writing of collective bids.
- Begin to referee papers for external bodies.
- Participate effectively in activities to achieve engagement with research, and/or impact beyond academia.
- Please note this list is not exhaustive, follow the link to view the full details
Education, Experience & Achievements
- A relevant postgraduate research degree or equivalent professional experience in the field of carbohydrate material science.
- Previous experience of independent research.
- Presentations at conferences and a track record of publications in respected journals or equivalent in the field.
- Research experience in polysaccharide and their industrial applications.
- Involvementin packaging material research and development.
- Materials formulation and characterisation expertise.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrable communication skills in English language.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft/Adobe Programmes.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills. Initiative in planning research.
- Detailed subject knowledge in the area of research.
- Specialist knowledge and practical skills capable of leading to independent, original contributions to the subject area.
- High-level analytical skills.
- Full awareness of the ethical issues involved in their research work.
- Project managementexperience.
- Team working skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to stimulate and encourage the commitment to learnin others.
- Ability to use initiative, and apply creativity, to solve problems that
- A passion for making a positive impact on the environment especially in plastic waste.