CK Group are looking for a General Assistant to join a Biotechnology company at their site based near Abingdon, on an initial 6-8 week contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a pioneering biotech company looking to tackle the major global challenges of keeping people healthy and increasing food production.
- Cleaning and storing of laboratory and insect rearing equipment;
- Keeping the laboratories clean and well maintained, by regularly cleaningfloors and surfaces;
- Ensuring laboratory waste is properly decontaminated and disposed of;
- Ensuring timely delivery and collection of lab coats sent for laundry;
- Regularly defrosting the fridges and freezers;
- Managing stocks of chemicals and solutions commonly used by the technical team;
- Adhering to all relevant H&S, COSHH, biosafety and biocontainment requirements.
- Educated to at least GCSE level, minimum grade C in English and Maths;
- Previous experience in a scientific or industry-based company is desirable;
- Must be diligent and organised;
- Able to work independently;
- Have good communication skills;
- An understanding of H&S associated with laboratory environments such as COSHH and Risk Assessments.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56591 in all correspondence.