Registered Nurse (Clinical Research Nurse) – Full time 12-36-month contract
CK Group are excited to announce our collaboration with EMS Healthcare in a pioneering new cancer clinical research study, looking at the early detection of more than 50 types of cancer – including many that are difficult to diagnose. This revolutionary study comprises of an innovative blood test developed by GRAIL, a US biotechnology company, and could help thousands more people get successful treatment every year.The study will take place on a state of the art, specifically designed mobile facility, which will be your place of work for the duration of the 12-36-month contract. It will move around the Greater Manchester Cancer Alliance to allow for a geographical reach of participants, spending around four weeks at a time in each location – therefore ability to commute throughout the area is essential.
Registered Nurse Role: As a Registered Nurse, you will play a pivotal role in creating a positive and accessible participant experience. If you are committed to providing high-quality care and interested in a new, exciting role outside of a traditional NHS setting, this could be the post for you.
- Exciting opportunity to work ona pioneering cancer early detection study in 2021 through to completion in 2023.
- Appealing, consistent shift pattern that operates with 3 (12.5 hr) shifts on and 4 off – guaranteed no night shift work for the contract duration.
- Competitive holiday allowance of 28+8 days.
- Contributory stakeholder pension scheme.
- Life Assurance scheme.
- Wellbeing programme available for all employees.
- NMC Registered Nurse, recognised in the UK.
- Experienced and skilled in the practice of venepuncture.
- Good Clinical Practice experience and up to date training.
- Informed Consent experience and up to date training.
- Experience of working in primary and/or secondary care would be highly desirable.
- Experience in the conduct of clinical trials would be advantageous but not essential.
- Other Requirements & Competencies.
Other Requirements & Competencies:
- Full UK residency and hold a valid driving license.
- The ability to travel within the allocated cancer alliance.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a self-motivated way.
- Good team player.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Have relevant IT skills to perform the role.
- Possess high standards of integrity, professionalism, and sensitivity.
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Clinical Research Nurse position, please contact Russell Oakley on 01246 457709 or email EMS@ckgroup.co.uk. Please quoting reference EMSCK.