Chemical Safety, Health and Environment Manager
CK Group are recruiting on an exclusive basis for a Chemical Safety, Health and Environment Manager to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based near Chesterfield on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is ISO9001 and 14001 accredited, as well as being compliant with more specific industry standards. The manufacturing facility is one of the company's multiple sites and comprises production, quality control, distribution and customer services departments. Reporting to the SHEQ Group Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Safety, Health and Environmental management of the company sites and its employees. The company offers a salary in the region of £45,000 - £55,000 dependent upon experience as well as a generous car allowance, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension scheme, private healthcare, early finish on a Friday, and on site parking. This is a key role within the company offering many challenges and opportunities for achievement. Please note that regular UK travel (including overnight stays) and occasional international travel will be required.
The SHE Manager will be based at the company's site near Chesterfield, easily commutable from surrounding areas including Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield, Rotherham, Doncaster etc.
H&S Manager Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- provide clear direction and management regarding Health & Safety, and Environmental matters
- ensure adherence on company policy and operations to legislation and to best practice
- be responsible for writing site policies and procedures
- conducting daily, weekly and monthly assessments and training
- collate and publish appropriate safety and environmental statistics
- manage and co-ordinate management of corrective and preventative actions
- ensuring compliance and leading the auditing process
maintain the company’s accreditation to the appropriate ISO standards for Environmental, and develop the Safety management system
be responsible for heading up the company SHEQ Committee, and leading the individual Site Safety Committees
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:Essential:
- Proven industrial HSE experience
- NEBOSH diploma in safety management
- Proven industrial safety management experience
- Holds a certificate in environmental management
- Proven industrial environmental management experience
- Familiar with having implemented ISO14001:2015
- Full UK Driving License with own vehicle
- Willingness to travel within the UK and internationally
- Proven experience gained in a hazardous manufacturing environment (such as flammable liquid manufacture and filling operations e.g. paint or general chemical manufacturing)
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Knowledge of implementing safety management systems such as ISO45001 or experience of working within the requirements of local authority environmental authorisation such as process guidance note PG6/44 2004
- Working knowledge of DSEAR and/ or Legionella
- DGSA/ IMDB qualification
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56275 in all correspondence.