CK Group are recruiting for an Assay Supervisor to join a leading medical diagnostics company at their site based in Sunderland on a permanent basis.
Our client are a market leader in their field and have pioneered advances in technology and instrumentation.
This role is located in Sunderland and the site is easily commutable from the A1(M) and surrounding towns/cities in the North East.
Assay Supervisor Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- To provide effective organisation and supervision of the Assay department.
- Carry out regular job performance reviews.
- As required perform scientific and associated tasks within the Assay department, following protocols to assign assay values to a range of haemostasis and electrophoresis products.
- To design, develop and maintain the organisation and presentation of assay data both for internal and external use.
- To assist in the design and development of in-house procedures, streamliningactivities where possible and reporting proposed improvements to the Technical Director.
- To develop and maintain specialist knowledge of the analysers used within the Assay Department with respect to regular maintenance and first line trouble shooting.
- To develop, maintain and apply theoretical haemostasis and electrophoresis knowledge to support routine assay work.
- To review external quality assurance data and report back to the Technical Director.
- To work in accordance to Health and Safety and COSHH guidelines when handling reagents and chemicals used in automated and manual techniques. Complying with are statutory and site safety regulations.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- BScin a scientific subject
- Line management experience
- Ability to plan, prioritise, delegate and co-ordinate workload in response to deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Laboratory Management Systems
- Experience of authoringand / or reviewing GMP documentation - desirable
- A good understanding of haemostasis and gel electrophoresis - desirable
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Assay Supervisor position, pleasecontact Sajra Hameed on 01246 457712 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 52669 in all correspondence.