Recruiters don’t spend long looking at each CV. Estimates are as low as 6 seconds, but more often it’s said that you have about 30 seconds to impress the reader. It needs to be eye-catching!
Test whether your CV is quickly readable with these things:
- Are your contact details at the top of the page?
Keep it simple with your phone number, email address and LinkedIn profile.
- Have you used bullet point format?
A large block of text will not be read.
- Are the layout and font easy to read?
Ensure your CV can be read at a glance.
- Have you included all relevant experience?
Your CV shouldn’t contain any gaps or white space.
- Have you used effective buzzwords?
Analyse what the employer is looking for and mention this in your CV.
You may also like to read: