Shift Quality Technician
Do you have experience of working as Laboratory Technician or similar in a manufacturing environment? If so this may be the role for you! I am currently recruiting for a Shift Quality Technician to join a leading compound manufacturer based near Dudley.
This position is on a full time, permanent basis and will include morning and afternoon shifts which rotate weekly. The early shift is 6am - 2.15pm Monday to Thursday and 6am - 1pm on Friday, and the late shift is 1.15pm - 9.30pm Monday toThursday and 12.30pm - 7.30pm on Friday.
The site is easily commutable within the West Midlands and the company offers a salary of £20,000pa, with an additional shift allowance and a range of excellent benefits including 26 days holiday, bonusscheme, life insurance and health cash plan.
As a Quality Technician the main responsibility of the role will be to ensure that manufactured products meet the correct quality standards and to perform quality control testing of product batches and raw materials, as well as non routine testing.
Further responsibilities of this Quality Technician position include:
- Testing production samples and raw materials, recording all results in an accurate manner.
- Loggingand storing retained samples.
- Calculating corrections that need to be made in order for product to meet specification.
- Preparing sample requests.
- Checking the cleaning certificate of tankers in order to accept or refuse the tanker.
- Arranging type tests with external test houses.
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the laboratory.
- Undertaking calibrations and recording results for the equipment.
- Placing orders for the consumable items required by the department.
- Assisting with audits.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Attending training and train new laboratory personnel.
- Review and revise the Quality team’s IMS operating procedures
- Maintain key Quality KPIs (e.g. Right First Time and 6s) and provide reports on a monthly basis
- Support the Management of Change process to implement changes to Bills of Materials and/ or processes
As a Quality Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Level standard or equivalent in chemistry and physics as a minimum and ideally BSc qualified in chemistry or physics
- Demonstrable experience of working as laboratory technician/ assistant in a commercial manufacturing environment - essential
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written - essential
- Highly numerate and literate - essential
- High standard of manual dexterity - essential
- Ability to analyse data and solve problems in a methodical manner- Ability to carry out routine tasks consistently time after time with accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise in order to meet deadlines
- Flexible approach to work activities, hours and location and prepared to work additionalhours to meet the business needs
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this QC Technician position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com . Please quote reference52759.