Shift Laboratory Technician
CK Group is recruiting for a Shift Laboratory Technician to join a chemical and material manufacturing company at their site based near Cardiff, on an initial 12-month contract.
Please note this is a temporary, shift based position including days,nights, weekends and bank holidays.
Rewards: Salary - £20,000 - £23,000 (based upon experience) plus £9,000 shift allowance.
Our client is an established chemicals and materials manufacturing company who have sites around the globe. ISO9001 accredited, they now have an urgent vacancy for a lab technician to join the shift rota starting ASAP.
Located near Cardiff, commutable by road from surrounding areas including Newport, Barry, Swansea, Bridgend, etc.The ability to drive with own transport is required due to the location of the site and hours of the shifts.
Shift Laboratory Technician Role:
- Carry out testing of in process and final products using a range of analytical techniques.
- Plant support testing whilst on shift.
- Ensuring lab operations are conducted in accordance with the implemented schedule and prescribed standards.
- Instrument calibration.
- Proven industry experience of laboratory and quality systems including QA/ QC laboratory scientific experience.
- Ability to operate a variety of laboratory instrumentation through standard PC and laboratory-based computer software.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline.- Knowledge and experience of analysis, sampling, laboratory standards, calibrations, ISO9001, quality systems, GLP.
- Driving licence with own transport.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to applyfor this position, please contact the Science Contracts Team on 0191 384 8906 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 52735.