Research Scientist, Protein Engineering
CK Group - USA is working with a client who are a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. They use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies for engineering microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
They are seeking a motivated individual for a research scientist position that will specialize in enzyme engineering. This person will be expected to tackle a variety of challenges as an integral part of clients R&D team.
- Design, construct, and test expression and activity of enzymes in a variety of assays
- Build and screen libraries of enzyme variants
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to implement experimental plans and achieve project goals
- Communicate results of experiments with colleagues
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or a related field
- Proficiency in molecular biology skills, including primer design, cloning, and PCR.
- Experience with microbial fermentation
- Experience with analytical instrumentation (LC-MS, GC-MS/FID, HPLC)
For more information please contact Amy Lloyd or Rob Angrave on +1 (617) 6922948. Please quote 52301 in all communications.
It is essential that you have full rights to work in America .eam on 01438 870011 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 52304.nufacturing, commercialisation and close. Some experience in managing product/device teams and in the pre-clinical and clinical phase of development. Ability to negotiate and influence the success of the team and project. Have an understanding ofthe financial and resource planning systems and processes and ability to coordinate programme-level budget/resource estimates and manage actuals vs. plan.
Entitlement to work in the USA is essential. If you would like to find our more about this role please contact us on +1 (617) 6922948 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote 52306 in all communication.formation or to apply for this Trainee Recruitment Consultant position, please email email@example.com. Please quote reference 52341.
INDRECher at conferences or seminars appropriate to the discipline.
- Contribute to grant applications submitted by others.
- Begin to write, with appropriate support, bids for individual research funding or, where funders do not permit this, contribute to the writing of collective bids.
- Begin to referee papers for external bodies.
- Participate effectively in activities to achieve engagement with research, and/or impact beyond academia.
- Please note this list is not exhaustive, follow the link to view the full details
Education, Experience & Achievements
- A relevant postgraduate research degree or equivalent professional experience in the field of carbohydrate material science.
- Previous experience of independent research.
- Presentations at conferences and a track record of publications in respected journals or equivalent in the field.
- Research experience in polysaccharide and their industrial applications.
- Involvementin packaging material research and development.
- Materials formulation and characterisation expertise.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrable communication skills in English language.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft/Adobe Programmes.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills. Initiative in planning research.
- Detailed subject knowledge in the area of research.
- Specialist knowledge and practical skills capable of leading to independent, original contributions to the subject area.
- High-level analytical skills.
- Full awareness of the ethical issues involved in their research work.
- Project managementexperience.
- Team working skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to stimulate and encourage the commitment to learnin others.
- Ability to use initiative, and apply creativity, to solve problems that
- A passion for making a positive impact on the environment especially in plastic waste.