Research & Development Associate Scientist
CK Group are recruiting for a R&D Scientist to join a global FMCG business at their research and development site based in Reading, on a 6 month contract.
Our client is a global business who develop and manufacture fast movingconsumer goods for domestic and commercial uses.
This role is will be located at the company's new R&D facility located in Reading.
Primary responsibility will be to lead technical projects for Europe Over theCounter and Food Supplement brands that are being developed at external manufacturers.
The role may also involve working in the lab to enable to enable early prototype technical development & measurements. There will be a high level of interaction with colleagues in R&D, Brand, Package Development, Initiative Managers and Quality Assurance.
- Ensuring technical readiness of projects supporting the Personal Health Care portfolio is delivered in line with agreed business timings.
- Co-ordinating and managing technical requirements from multiple functions such as safety, regulatory and quality, communicate these to the external manufacturer and report progress against these requirements back to the broaderproject team.
- Overcoming technical challenges for both the formulation and packaging of the product
To be considered for this Research and Development job opportunity, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:• Education: A minimum of a Degree in Science (chemistry, pharmacy, medicine, nutrition, etc.).
- Previous experience of manufacturing and packaging processes within a regulated environment is desirable.
- Strong project management skills: You will be responsible to ensure products are ready in line with project timings and to the required standard.
- Advanced skills in critical appraisal of data: You will be expected to understand and summarize data from technical testing and evaluate it based on quality and relevance.
- Competent and Confident in Lab: You will be expected to work independently within the lab with high technical rigor to enable development of products.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Formore information or to apply for this Research and Development position, please contact the science contract team on 0191 3848906 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote job reference 56378 in all correspondence.