CK Group are recruiting for an Optical Engineer to join a biotech company at their site based in London on a permanent basis.
Our client is a biotech start up that has developed a cutting edge, bench top analytical device. Theirproduct is based on years of cutting edge R&D and enables the rapid development of novel therapeutic nanoformulations.
This role is located at our client's site in West London
Optical Engineer Role:
Your main duties will be:. The continued development of our client's instruments.
- Working alongside manufacturing partners and suppliers on component development and procurement.
- Working alongside the internal service and software team on system integration and development.
- Final stage assembly and alignment of laser and optical components.
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- An advanced degree (MSc, PhD ideally) in physics, electronic, bioengineering or similar.
- Significant expertise in laser and optical set ups, including optical alignment methods and laser characterisation methods.
- Knowledge of spectroscopy based materials characterisation techniques.
- Experience with or knowledge of Raman Spectroscopy would be highly desirable.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56296 in all correspondence.