Business Development Executive
CK Group are recruiting for a BD Executive on behalf of a global provider of analytical services to the Oil, Gas and Chemical services, to be based from their site in Middlesbrough, with travel to client sites around the UK as required. This position is offered on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will drive new business across Oil, Gas and Chemicals, Agricultural and Minerals / Geological trade inspection and analytical services. They will lead targeted service line sales campaigns and will provide commercial leadership across the business for both local and international markets.
You will contribute towards UK Key Account Management, by planning and supporting local managers to maintain, retain and expand existing client base whilst developing and attracting new clients and establishing long term relationships to promote growth.
You’ll be heavily involved in commercial data, particularly quotations and tenders, working independently and with the team to achieve deadlines, presenting the most efficient business processes to internal managers and customers.
- Planning and execution of business development activity to surpass country growth targets
- To contact prospects/ clients, generate leads, organise sales visits, follow up enquiries, prepare proposals ensuring timely delivery in order to maximise sales
- Work with location managers to defined sales and account plans to grow revenues for agreed targeted activities- Respond to enquiries and resolve client issues in a timely manner to ensure all opportunities are fully explored to enhance customer confidence
- Record all sales activities in relevant sales CRM systems to ensure the information is centrally documented and accessible
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with operational management, technical and company functional support personnel to ensure preparedness for award and execution of new works and contracts
To be considered for the role you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a targeted business development role in a relevant chemistry based organisation
- Candidates looking to move into a commercial role from an analytical chemistry background may be considered for the position.
This role will include significant UK based travel, and a full UK driving licence is essential/
For more information or to apply for the position please contact Sarah Farrowon 0191 3706486 or email@example.com. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential for this role.her at conferences or seminars appropriate to the discipline.
- Contribute to grant applications submitted by others.
- Begin to write, with appropriate support, bids for individual research funding or, where funders do not permit this, contribute to the writing of collective bids.
- Begin to referee papers for external bodies.
- Participate effectively in activities to achieve engagement with research, and/or impact beyond academia.
- Please note this list is not exhaustive, follow the link to view the full details
Education, Experience & Achievements
- A relevant postgraduate research degree or equivalent professional experience in the field of carbohydrate material science.
- Previous experience of independent research.
- Presentations at conferences and a track record of publications in respected journals or equivalent in the field.
- Research experience in polysaccharide and their industrial applications.
- Involvementin packaging material research and development.
- Materials formulation and characterisation expertise.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrable communication skills in English language.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft/Adobe Programmes.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills. Initiative in planning research.
- Detailed subject knowledge in the area of research.
- Specialist knowledge and practical skills capable of leading to independent, original contributions to the subject area.
- High-level analytical skills.
- Full awareness of the ethical issues involved in their research work.
- Project managementexperience.
- Team working skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to stimulate and encourage the commitment to learnin others.
- Ability to use initiative, and apply creativity, to solve problems that
- A passion for making a positive impact on the environment especially in plastic waste.