Associate Scientist Cell Culture
QLS are recruiting for an Associate Scientist Cell Culture to join a Global Biopharmaceutical company based in Lucerne until the end of December 2024. The role is likely to get extended.
We are recruiting a Bio Process Technician or Scientist tojoin the biological drug product development and manufacturing site of our client located in the Greater Lucerne area. The company employs a diverse group of highly skilled scientists, engineers, technicians and process specialists from more than 15nations and provides an important contribution to the company’s endeavor to bring new innovative medicines to patients as fast as possible, while applying highest quality standards to all activities.
You will be an active part of the Biotech Cell Culture which contains a team of 5 employees.
The primary activities include but are not limited to:
- Production of mammalian cell culture inoculum under cGMP for API manufacturing (Cell culture seed train)
- Monitoring of process performance by using analytical instruments for required In-Process Control
- Maintenance /Calibration of process equipment and IPC equipment used for cell culture monitoring
- Coordination and support of External Service Providers (ESP)
- Requires degree in Biology as laboratory technician or maximum bachelor in Biology. Candidates with master or PHD can not be considered.
- Experience in GMP environment highly desirable (including training and internship) but not a must
- Knowledge of mammalian cell culture and small scale fermentation processes
- Practical experience in cell culture (Shakeflask, Wave reactor) and aseptic/sterile techniques
- German language skills: spoken and writing fluent (C1, B2)
- English language skills: spoken and writing novice / basic
- Technical writing capabilities, specially GMP related documentation
- Team-oriented and open personality
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team in collaboration with operation and compliance groups
- Strong willingness to learn and sense of autonomy
- Commitment to work on weekends non regular basis. This is strongly linked to the type of projects and subject. On 2022 team members were 5-10 times on site at the weekend.
Day in the job:
- Sterile work under the Biosafety Cabinet (BSC) and cell cultivation work with wave bioreactors. From Vial thaw to 50L Wave Bags cultivation.
- Maintenance and calibration of cell culture equipment
- Regular entries in Master Batchsheets and Master Solutionsheets
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Adrien on 0041 (0) 800 106 106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please could you send any correspondence in English. Please quote job reference 56304 in all correspondence.