CK Group are recruiting for an Assay Scientist to join a leading medical diagnostics company at their site based in Sunderland on a permanent basis.
Our client are a market leader in their field and have pioneered advances in technology and instrumentation.
This role is located in Sunderland and the site is easily commutable from the A1(M) and surrounding towns/cities in the North East.
Assay Scientist Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Perform scientific and associated tasks within the Assay department, following protocols to assign assay values to a range of haemostasis and electrophoresis products.
- Carry out testing to ensure products meet specification at the time of manufacturing• Carry out analyser maintenance, stocktake and general lab duties
- Performing testing to resolve analyser and reagent issues, ensuring results are reported to the Assay Supervisor and Technical Director in a timely manner and in an appropriateformat.
- To assist in the design and development of in-house procedures, streamlining activities
- To develop and maintain specialist knowledge of the analysers used within the Assay Department with respect to regular maintenance and first line trouble shooting.
- To develop, maintain and apply theoretical haemostasis and electrophoresis knowledge to support routine assay work.
- To carry out testing and review external quality assurance data and report back to the Assay Supervisor.
- To work in accordance to Health and Safety and COSHH guidelines when handling reagents and chemicals used in automated and manual techniques. Complying with are statutory and site safety regulations.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- BSc in a scientific subject
- Ability to present data in a scientific format
- Previous lab experience - desirable
- A good knowledge and understanding of GLP - desirable
- An understanding of the basic principles of haemostasis and gel electrophoresis - desirable
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate well within a team
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Assay Scientist position, please contact Sajra Hameed on 01246 457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 52667 in all correspondence.