Strategic Clinical Outsourcing Manager
CK Group are recruiting for a Strategic Clinical Outsourcing Manager to join a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Slough, Berkshire. This role has been deemed inside IR35 and would be for an initial 6 month contract either working PAYE via CK, or via umbrella company.
Company: Our client is a world leading pharmaceutical company that focuses on neurology and immunology. Their ambition is to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases.
Location: The company are based in Slough, but it is anticipated that the role can be worked remotely, with visits to the office if and when required.
Salary: As the role has been determined Inside IR35, you can work either PAYE (via CK) or with an umbrella company. The rate ofpay is between £33 and £39 per hour (PAYE) or £44.64 per hour (Umbrella). The pro rata PAYE rate is equivalent to £64,350 - £76050 per annum.
Strategic Clinical Outsourcing Manager role:
Bachelor's degree is required in any of: sciences, finance, legal, business. At least 2 years of relevant sourcing experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or CRO industry.
A track record of successful vendor negotiations is a plus.
- Good leadership skills, networkingskills, and communication skills.
- Demonstrates clear and articulate verbal, written and presentation skills with good command of the English language and the appropriate comportment to represent the client at meetings.
Summary: The Strategic Clinical Outsourcing Manager (SCOM) partners with program and functional stakeholders within Development Solutions, Early Development Solutions, and the Patient Value Units to provide financial, vendor and outsourcing expertise for clinical studiesand development activities. There are two key areas of focus for the SCOM – which require specific & different experience and expertise: i) Outsourcing of clinical study conduct, ii) Outsourcing of other development services, e.g. data studiessponsored, Services Agreements, License Agreements, Consultancy Agreements. The SCOM will support the clinical study teams and Development Solutions stakeholders throughout the clinical drug development process of an asset and other Development Solutions outsourced activities. The SCOM drives the outsourcing and vendor selection process and lead the subsequent study/project award and contract negotiation process. As the representative for SCP, the SCOM ensures that project related outsourcing timelines are met by managing strategic partners and external vendors selected for the project. The SCOM ensures that outsourced activities utilize preferred, quality vendors, and leads contract negotiations to provide the highest quality services at the lowest possible price. The SCOM may also be SCP’s vendor manager for strategic partners or preferred suppliers, under the direction of the Vendor Management Lead.
- Identify business improvement opportunities and participate and/or leadin creating solutions which improve SCP efficiency and effectiveness.
- Interact on daily basis with SCP members and other relevant interfaces to ensure integration of activities.
- Support outsourcing initiatives according to the organization’srequirements.
Additionally, the SCOM responsible for clinical study activities will:
- Oversee a minimum of 10 studies for which the whole study is outsourced.
- Support maintenance of partnership bid grids for all study phases and across partnerships including yearly and ad hoc updates and negotiation of new services.
- Support the clinical study team with the generation of cost estimates for incorporation into the clinical study/program budgets, and with subsequent budget planning and forecasting for specific assigned studies.
- Attend and contribute to financial review meetings organized by Finance.
- Collaborate with the study teams and Finance to achieve annual financial targets
- Represent the SCP function at clinicalstudy team and clinical sub-team team meetings when needed. In addition, meet informally with relevant clinical study team members on a weekly basis
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Strategic Clinical Outsourcing Manager, pleasecontact Steve Lord on 01246 457733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL51801 in all correspondence.