Downstream Processing Scientist
CK group are recruiting for a Senior Fermentation Scientist to join a leading engineering biology consultancy, to be based at their site in Edinburgh on a permanent basis
About the company: Our client is a world class engineering biology companywith an extensive range of proprietary enabling technologies in microbial strain and mammalian cell-line engineering, protein production, fermentation and bioprocess development. Their cell platforms underpin competitive bioprocesses implemented worldwide by their customers and collaborative partners to manufacture (bio)pharmaceuticals, enzymes, chemicals, consumer products and sustainable fuels.
About the role: The main purpose of this position is to carry out recombinant protein purification using AKTA, and to analyse protein products using techniques such as Western Blots and SDS-PAGE
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Molecular Biology team to execute workplans for customer projects, actively contributing inteam meetings by discussing, troubleshooting and planning experiments.
- Accurately recording and presenting experimental results.
- Preparation of buffers
- Ensuring that all work adheres to relevant quality standards
About you: To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and expertise:
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) qualified in a relevant Biology based discipline
- Industrial experience of working in a relevant Downstream Processing position - ideally using AKTA
- Experience of using Quality Management Systems would be beneficial for this position, but not essential.
The location: The successful candidate will be embedded within a dynamic, sociable team in a lab-based role with flexibleworking hours. This position will be based at brand new facilities at the Roslin Innovation Centre where there are regular bus links to the City Centre, free on-site parking, an on-site gym and several on-site cafes – the perfect setting to meet colleagues over a coffee in view of the Pentland Hills.
The Benefits: Our client offers a range of employee benefits, which include:
- Flexible working hours
- Profit sharing schemes
- Health Expenses cover
- Life Insurance
Apply: It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54208 in all correspondence.